We seek to embody the authentic community of the Realm of God through being intentional about our great commitment to the great commandment and great commission. We hope to be a faithful, growing church that demonstrates true community, deep Christian spirituality, and a passion for justice.
The way we behave towards one another is the fullest expression of what we believe. At ZCC we are guided by the following core values; they inform the way we plan worship, create programs, and engage the world. We believe that when these values are practiced, we are closer to living like Jesus.
- Radical inclusivity: We strive to the intentional inclusion of every person in the community of faith. Everyone, regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, or race, is invited and included as participants in the Body of Christ.
- Courageous compassion: We value the risk that comes with vulnerability. We choose courageous acts of kindness. Conversation overcomes fears and mistrust. We join Jesus’ bold ministry of blessing and empowering those whom the powerful view as weak.
- Unrelenting love: God is love. It is God’s very nature and character. We believe that God’s determined course for the world is love, and this belief transforms us into agents of God’s love.
- Open, intelligent, and curious faith: We value a living faith in a living God. This living faith includes curiosity and fearless, open dialogue with God and one another. We’re on a journey together, seeking to become what God calls us to become.
- Mission first: We have no purpose but to serve. We believe that faith is an action verb. We are striving to live out our faith in compassionate service.
Social Justice Ministry
ZCC lives out its faith beyond the church walls by advocating on behalf of all of God’s people. ZCC seeks to follow God’s command “to do justice, love mercy and to walk humbly with God” (Micah 6:8).
Certified Green Chalice Congregation
ZCC is a certified Green Chalice congregation. Our Green Chalice mission and covenant is to integrate Christian faith, spiritual practice, and creation consciousness into the life of our congregation to demonstrate the fullness of God’s love for all God’s creation. More information about the program may be found at https://www.discipleshomemissions.org/missions-advocacy/green-chalice/.