POSITION: The Nursery Attendant is responsible for all aspects for the care and Christian education for the children in her/his care. The responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following: physical caregiving, following an age-appropriate curriculum plan, and facilitating supportive relationships with parents and church administration.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Attendant will be in the Nursery each Sunday from the hours of 9:30am to Noon and show the ability to demonstrate flexibility, initiative, accountable, and provide complete follow-through on areas of responsibility. Deal effectively with stress involved with dealing closely with children. Attendant must be a minimum age of 21 years and will submit all necessary personal information to complete a criminal background check. She/he will abide to the policies and practices of Zionsville Christian Church.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities of this position will include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Ensure the safety of each child in your care whether in the classroom or in common areas;
- Plan and implement age and developmentally appropriate classroom practices that will include the physical, emotional, social, and cognitive needs of the young children.
- Serve as a role model for the children in the areas of attitude, speech, and actions daily;
- Treat each child and parents with dignity and respect for cultural/socioeconomic diversity;
- Maintain current information on each child and parents for emergency contact;
- Observe and respond to children’s needs, emergencies, and conflicts that might occur;
- Supervise up to four (4) children from the ages of newborn to 3 years of age;
- Lift 50 lbs. and react to a child 20-30 feet away within 30 seconds;
- Respond to child’s first-aid needs, changing diapers, snacks, and formula feeding;
- Communicate written and orally with parents and church administration;
- AND, most importantly, children will always remain in the Nursery and ONLY released to their parents.