POSITION: The Nursery Attendant is responsible for all aspects for the care and Christian education for the children in her/his care. The responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following: physical caregiving, following an age-appropriate curriculum plan, and facilitating supportive relationships with parents and church administration.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Attendant will be in the Nursery each Sunday from the hours of 9:30am to Noon and show the ability to demonstrate flexibility, initiative, accountable, and provide complete follow-through on areas of responsibility. Deal effectively with stress involved with dealing closely with children. Attendant must be a minimum age of 21 years and will submit all necessary personal information to complete a criminal background check. She/he will abide to the policies and practices of Zionsville Christian Church.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities of this position will include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Ensure the safety of each child in your care whether in the classroom or in common areas;
- Plan and implement age and developmentally appropriate classroom practices that will include the physical, emotional, social, and cognitive needs of the young children.
- Serve as a role model for the children in the areas of attitude, speech, and actions daily;
- Treat each child and parents with dignity and respect for cultural/socioeconomic diversity;
- Maintain current information on each child and parents for emergency contact;
- Observe and respond to children’s needs, emergencies, and conflicts that might occur;
- Supervise up to four (4) children from the ages of newborn to 3 years of age;
- Lift 50 lbs. and react to a child 20-30 feet away within 30 seconds;
- Respond to child’s first-aid needs, changing diapers, snacks, and formula feeding;
- Communicate written and orally with parents and church administration;
- AND, most importantly, children will always remain in the Nursery and ONLY released to their parents.
Minister of Music
Purpose: The Minister of Music creates inspiring musical expressions utilizing many forms of music that expresses what words cannot, in worship. The Minister of music works with volunteers to ensure that these expressions are consistent with our progressive theology, mission and values.
The Minister of music shall also work towards our 3rd goal in our ministry plan towards increasing vitality in worship by expanding our musical pallet.
- Select and plan music for regular Sunday worship, and special worship events i.e. Christmas Eve, and Maundy Thursday services. This would include the selections for congregational singing, which are not limited to the Chalice Hymnal.
- The Minister of music is the primary accompanist for the choir and congregational singing.
- The Minister of music shall be the Choir Director of the ZCC Choir:
- Selecting anthems well in advance that cover a wide pallet of musical styles.
- Providing an anthem each Sunday during the choir season (September-May)
- Leading weekly choir rehearsals in an efficient manner (60-90 minutes)
- Working ahead at least 3 weeks on anthems at each rehearsal
- Resourcing the choir with needed materials (within the established budget)
- Working on choral and vocal techniques
- Warming up the choir prior to the service no later than 10 minutes prior to worship
- Upon request and additional compensation, the Minister of Music may play for funerals, weddings and other special services.
- During the pandemic, when there are no live services, the Minister of music will provide musical expressions to be recorded for streaming. They may also provide music for drive-in worship when provided.
- Should the choir be suspended during the choir year for pandemic or other reasons, the Minister of music shall work with volunteers to provide special music in place of choral anthems.
- Participation with staff meetings to coordinate worship themes.
- Recruit, equip, and create teams of musicians for worship leadership. This would include but not be limited to the historic church choir.
- To provide incidental music in worship i.e. preludes, communion music, and occasional accompaniment during prayer time.
- Communicate faithfully with the Senior Pastor
- Since the Minister of Music is important to our relational congregation, it is hoped the minister of music will participate also in the social life of the congregation.
- The Minister of music shall also work with youth and children in their expressions of music, often during the Christmas season, or even with Vacation Bible School.
- The ability to help church musicians reach their highest capacity, with respect for their limits.
- The ability to see this as a ministry, not necessarily a performance.
- Organization ability, and high communication skills
- Music degree preferred. Candidates without a degree considered if they have a background in music theory.
- Keyboard proficiency minimum, other instrumental proficiency gladly accepted.
Optional Skills Considered:
- Ability to compose or arrange music
- The ability to produce and direct special programs
Accountability: To the Senior Pastor, and the Personnel Committee
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, (estimated 8-12 hours per week), plus 2 weeks’ paid vacation.
(Starting January 2023)
To apply for this position, email email@example.com with the subject line “Minister of Music.”